- Bridging the Gap in Health Care 1 – The Basics of Wholistic Assessment (BTG1), and/or
- Wholistic Integrated Assessment, a Teacher-Student Guide (WIA – 12 DVD set and manual)
Note: This is now available as a full online course – 16 hours of video material and the book included (click here to go to site)
This workshop can be made available for those who would like some extra tutorial and training on how to Assess, Treat & Rehabilitate clients in a more integrated and holistic way. Keep in mind;
1) A symptomatic regional approach looks at the relationship between the tissues/pathology causing symptoms and the symptoms themselves.
2) A holistic approach looks at the relationship between everything else going on in a person’s being/life (spiritually, psychologically, energetically, physically, environmentally, past-present, etc) and the tissues/pathology causing symptoms (which I call the “WHAT ELSE”)
Whilst traditional biomedical education focuses on relationship 1), understanding relationship 2) requires a holistic integrated approach to uncover. This workshop will demonstrates how to assess for clues identifying “WHAT ELSE” is present and show how this can be integrated with the tissues causing symptoms and thus help to understand, explain and more effectively treat the whole pattern of dysfunction (cause to effect), therby helping to restore more balance and well-being to the whole person.
We will explore how to make our techniques effective and to be able to apply them to tissue needs with deeper awareness of the inter-relationships between the various components of the whole.
It gives participants an opportunity to practically explore in a group setting some of the materials covered, especially in the 12 DVD set on Wholistic Integrated Assessment, A Teacher-Student Guide.
This workshop covers:
DAY 1: The secrets to making holistic assessment effective
- Principles of holistic assessment and treatment
- Developing the mind and senses as screening tools
- Assessing and treating from an “open minded” perspective
- Gaining meaningful information from observation, palpation and motion testing
- Finding the primary problem (primary area of A.R.T)
- Identifying Health
- Integrating and expressing findings (i.e. tracing the pattern of dysfunction from cause to effect)
- Treating with an awareness of how the findings relate to the condition suffered by the patient and the whole.
(Note on ART: A= Asymmetry, R= Range of motion (Quality) abnormality, T= Tissue texture change).
DAY 2: The secrets to making holistic management effective
- A review of holistic assessment methods
- The neurophysiological principles behind successful application of technique.
- Diagnosis and its importance to successful Treatment & Rehabilitation
- Identifying and Treating to support HEALTH
- Treating & Rehabilitating with AWARENESS
- Using or modifying techniques to address key relationship components
- General & Regional Rehabilitation
- Essential steps for successful Rehabilitation
- How to formulate and apply successful rehabilitation plans
- Practical sessions on all of the above
DATES & TIMES: Next workshop running = to be announced
This workshop will be run on demand for interested groups. Contact Paul to show expressions of interest.
VENUE: 47 Silverton Drive, Ferntree Gully, Victoria 3156
CONTACT: 0417 110 755
Numbers are limited to 12 so book a place ASAP. If you have any questions regarding workshops, alternate payment options etc, please contact Paul.
NOTE: Inquiries for larger groups (if you have an alternate venue) or alternate dates welcome
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.